Friday, January 13, 2006

Update on "Of freedom and revolution"

Thank you for your comment Vinayak (on my last post).

I would still stick to my stand and belief, that the perception of majority of Indians about Indian Communists or Communism as a whole is totally and blatantly wrong. Rather, majority of the Indians have been fed this wrong idea by a certain section of religious and political leaders (read RSS here). I could have pointed to thousands of articles to prove my point - pieces of history lying in the National Archives...works like "Memoirs" by Major Jaipal Singh, or "Mole In The Crown" by Michael Carritt...but I refrain from doing so.

What you point out is a topic of interesting debate, and I don't mind in having a good and well-thought debate. The whole point in my blog is to counter the kinds of posts found in TOI and Rediff - which can be written only by people void of any thought, belief or committment.

And Ramdev? Every citizen of India possesses the right to pick up a sample of medicine (ayurvedic or anything else) from a pharmacy and get it tested in the laboratory. And if you read recent international developments, a lot of ayurvedic medicines from renowned Indian ayurvedic pharmacies have been banned in Canada (soon others will follow) because laboratory tests have detected potentially harmful heavy-metal content. In India, it is all about belief - people believe in Ramdev, so he gets the right to do whatever he wants to do. And because we do not have any regulatory laws (atleast not implemented), anybody can do whatever he or she wants to do - like Coke/Pepsi - in India they don't follow the standards followed elsewhere...Brinda Karat just publicized a laboratory report of medicines from Ramdev's laboratory - and Ramdev's followers maligned her (and other workers) as "cohorts of multinationals". Oh, I forgot to mention, the Indian Communists were maligned by the same "multinationals" when they spoke against Coke/Pepsi in recent past when harmful chemicals were detected in the soft drinks...To me, it seems like diverting peoples view from the issues. I should post the link to the statement released by the Communist Party of India (Marxist) which clarifies the stand.

I applaud Brinda for bringing this issue open into the eyes of the public.

BTW - are you a man or a machine? I mean it seems to me that you search blogs with certain phrases and post the same comment everywhere...I found exactly same comments posted by you here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the decent blog sites I have seen so far !! Thanks to Arijit !!

I happened to read one of Vinayak's comment (in his earlier post) talking about the image of Indians to the world : "curry and snake charmers".

To some extent this is true. And it is more in the United States. But there's nothing that we should be ashamed about. People of USA are not much aware about the rest of the world. Their world begins at San Francisco and ends at New York !! And that's all .... so never mind on what they think.

And by the way, the original post by Arijit was about the identity crisis of some communist freedom fighters. Is Vinayak trying to say that it is because of the communists that we have this "curry and snake charmers" image all over the world ?? [or did I mistakenly understood just the opposite].

But it that's what Vinayak had meant, what's the rationale ?? Or is he just about to start on like a TOI blog site !!